Sunday, February 04, 2018

Work In Progress

I have been working on the Simplicity jacket and about to finish it today.  Here are a few shots of the current state of the pattern. 

Back View

Front view

Front facing
This has been a fairly easy project to sew.  The fabric ravels when you look at it; I serged finished all edges before sewing.

I had to reduce the shoulder width by shaving off 3/8 inch.  It is not lined.  The facings are attached at shoulders and side seam and stitched all around the jacket front and back.  I also did a forward shoulder adjustment on the back shoulder and 5/8 swayback adjustment.

Updates to follow.


6 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...