Sunday, February 11, 2018

Simplicity Jacket


Well I just completed my first week of retirement!!!  It somewhat felt like a week of vacation.  I will say this, I feel rested and love that my life last week was guided by "what time is it" and I have x time to do  this particular thing or not.

I completed the Simplicity Jacket and wrote a review for Pattern Review.  I was surprised by the lovely comments I received as I was not over the hill in love with the jacket.  I am going to hem the sleeves a little shorter as several suggested as the length I took out was too much.  I actually had to add bias tape to the edge of the sleeve, just so I could turn up a minimal amount.  This will be an easy fix.

Here are pictures of the jacket.
Hands in pockets, love having pockets!

Sleeves a little too short





















Side view-maybe a FBA was in order
Back view, love the fit of the back

I do love the fabric. The jacket outcome is just not what I expected.  I will wear this.  I have so many other jacket patterns to try that this one will not be made again any time soon or if at all.

This past week was not much in the way of sewing except for completing this jacket.  Hopefully my sewing mojo will return soon, just not top of mine right now.

16 comments:

  1. This jacket came out great ! What was the fabric - oh I look for your review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great jacket! So happy that your first week of retirement was fantastic...wishing you many more weeks of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that jacket. That is a great wardrobe builder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the first week of retirement! I am jealous! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this jacket! Great print. And your description of your first week of retirement sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I seem to be finding different things to keep me busy!

      Delete
  6. Happy Retirement!!!

    I hear you on the "it's fine, I just don't love it". It's really cute and the fabric makes it a versatile piece. Hopefully it grows on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will do as some others suggested and shortened the sleeves to 3/4.

      Delete
  7. Oh boy! retirement! It took me at least a year to relax and figure out that all I had to do was whatever I felt like doing. Wake up without that 'I have to get up and get ready' feeling. I loooove being retired. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I still am experiencing some of the get up and get ready feeling. But slowly adjusting.

      Delete
  8. Glad you enjoyed your first week of retirement. I like the jacket and that print was perfect for it. One reason I like to repeat a pattern is to perfect any issues I have, especially if I like the silhouette. Yes, it makes for a great wardrobe essential.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...