Saturday, February 17, 2018

Sewing Update

Today I feel like actually doing something sewing related.  I am using a pattern from my stash that I have not tried before.
From Butterick Patterns Website
I am making the short sleeve dress, not shown above.  This is Butterick 6207.  I purchased a xs-m size because my upper chest/shoulder area needs this size, my bust needs large, so I made a FBA.  I did not want a dart for this dress, so I used this technique from Maria Denmark.  I always get a little nervous when trying a new technique, especially one that creates a lot of changes due to cutting, enlarging and reducing.  The paper pattern ends up looking way different than the original.  Hopefully this will all work out.

The fabric is actually a fairly recent purchase.  It is from Cali Fabrics, purchased this past December.



I just finished cutting out the fabric today and getting ready to thread serger, sewing machine and most likely will use the cover stitch machine for hemming.  More later.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial. It looks a little scary so please let me know how this worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually worked out well. I will post a picture of the resulting pattern piece; as you said it looks a little scary and the pattern does get chopped up a bit.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...