Monday, October 23, 2017

New Project

The past couple of weeks at work along with DH's recent rotary cuff surgery has left me with little time for me time.  From Oct.18-20, I was involved in a three days accreditation review of our organization with the final day being Friday and we had our exit interview.  So some stress has ended and I found myself sleeping the best sleep in weeks Friday night.  I normally get up around 7 or 7:30 on Saturdays and this Saturday I slept until 8:30.  I felt very rested.

After my big fail with the recent project, my next project is New Look 6469.  Several staff have come to work in dresses similar to this one and I think it will look good with tights and booties or boots for fall.

The fabric I plan to use is the floral print, a brushed poly knit, from Cali Fabrics.


I pin fitted the pattern and made some adjustments.  I am ready to cut out the fabric and had planned to do so on Saturday after grocery shopping.  When I got home my lower back was hurting; I was aware on Friday that my lower back felt funny.  By the time I went to bed Saturday, my pain was worst and I took a pain pill that caused a terrible reaction; realizing later that it contained codeine which causes me nausea and vomiting which it did.  The pain was worst Sunday and plus being ill I slept the day away and woke up still feeling awful. Today I took a sick day and I have now obtained a muscle relaxer from the doctor which is beginning to give me some relief and I should be able to return to work tomorrow.  

Unfortunately my lovely fabric is still not cut and sewing is again delayed.  Sometimes life just throws you some curve balls.  DH is still on the mend with some days better than others when it comes to shoulder pain.  Next week he is to schedule PT.  That should be fun!

Hoping to squeeze in a little sewing soon.  More to share later.




7 comments:

  1. Hoping you're on the mend & feel better soon. I just received an order of brushed knit and it feels so lovely. I haven't sewn with it yet and I am looking forward to any helpful tips on sewing with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like the feel of it. I have sewn with it and found it nice to sew.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Back pain is quite debilitating - I suffer it a lot. With DH on the mend, and your accreditation over, I hope life settles and you get that lovely dress made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I too find back pain debilitating. I have a hip issue which the doctor says is due to lower back-have gone to PT and exercises have helped some, but what I am suffering with now has nothing to do with hip. It is getting better and beginning to feel "normal" again.

      Delete
  3. So sorry! Hope you are up and running by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I just checked out your blog and will visit again.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...