Thursday, May 11, 2017

Beach Vacation

I got back Tuesday, a day sooner than planned.  My friend had a death in the family and needed to return for the family viewing and funeral.  Though cut short by one day, I had a great time at the beach. The crowds are not there during early May but will be arriving soon.  The weather was pleasant but very cool at night.  Friday, May 5, we could not go onto the beach because of high winds and the sand blowing so hard it felt like you were being sand blasted.

I did find a quilt shop who was a Janome dealer and were well stocked with cotton fabrics mostly for quilting.  I did find two fabric bundles that I liked to be used for tops.

I wore several tops that I had made and only took photos of two of them for MMMay 2017.  I also took my completed McCall's 7542 top.  I posted on Instagram and Pinterest.  I wrote a review on PR.

I love my version of this top, using a rayon challis which gave it more drape than a stiff boxy look.

The fabric is from Style Maker Fabrics.  Instead of using the border print horizontally, I used it vertically to give the illusion of being taller.
.
Instead of retyping my review of the pattern, please visit Pattern Review.  I believe that I will make another version of this again using a similar fabric with more drape.

Since coming home, I spent time today in my sewing room.  I cut out some leftover fabric to make another Kirsten Kimono Tee.  Easy peasy to sew and uses up the last of a knit fabric I purchased and made this skirt with it.

I also printed and taped together the Cold Shoulder pattern from Style Arc.  I made some fitting adjustments to it and planned to cut out using some other leftover fabric as a test garment.  I still struggle determining the right size to use with SA.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...