Posts

Showing posts from November, 2016

Photos-V9169

Image
I have enjoyed my vaca and holiday.  I was able to finish V9169 and I completed Butterick 6392; more about the Butterick sweater jacket in my next post.

I was able to wear the Vogue top today and took a few photos of the finished garment.  I really like this pattern and will make it again making some additional changes to the fit.  It is a rather fitted through the waist and hips and I would like a little more room in that area so that when wearing over jeans as I did today it is not so form fitting.  My biggest critic, DH, liked the top and thought it was slenderizing.

Here are photos of me wearing with jeans.




Some other adjustments I will make-scoop out the front neckline a little more.  For cold weather, the high jewel neckline feels pretty good when outside.  I like the fit of the shoulder, I cut off 3/8 at the shoulder area tapering to nothing at the front and back notch.  I like the length somewhat, has more of a tunic feel at this length than if shorter.  I think this link wi…

Happy Thanksgiving

Image

Next project-a glimpse

Image
Here is a glimpse of my next project--more details to follow.  Making the view on the model!
Fabric from my stash from Fabric Mart.

And so (sew) the Vaca and Holiday begins!

Image
I am so excited that I am off for a whole week--I needed this break!

This AM I had a plumber come and fix the garbage disposal and after that was complete, I went to the sewing room and completed-finally-Vogue 9169.  This pattern is rated easy and for the most part perhaps that is an appropriate label.  The challenge with this pattern is adjusting the pattern pieces to fit as the upper front and back are one piece.  I needed a FBA about 1 1/2 inches which required some interesting maneuvering of the pattern piece.  The back needed a swayback adjustment which required also adjusting the bottom back piece. Below is the front FBA and the bottom front piece had to line up with the upper front.

Other adjustments needed were the sleeves, they are very tight IMHO and so I added 3/4 inch to the bicep area, tapering back to original cutting line of the sleeve.  I also reduced the length by 1 1/2 inches. My other adjustment was my usual forward shoulder adjustment.

After basting the side seams…

Popping in

Just posting a short note to say that I am still working on the Vogue top.  Not much more to do.  This is not an easy pattern.  As I have worked on it I have continued to think of an easier way to attach the upper front and back to the bottom than the way the instructions have you do this.

The fabric has been great to work with, just a lot of aligning and basting and pinning and topstitching.

Updates soon!

V9169 Pattern Fitting

Image
I had to make several adjustments to this pattern
I hate it when the largest size on a multi-sized pattern is a 14.  I need that size for upper chest/neck and shoulder in Vogue and Butterick patterns, but need 16-18 for bust and waist.  Some multi-sized patterns come in multi sizes of  14-20, 22.  Not really any consistency in this.
With the largest size being 14 I knew I would have to make a FBA; and the front piece is all one piece so adjusting that was a little challenging and requires adjusting the contrast bottom front piece as well.  Swayback adjustment also required adjusting the one piece back and contrast back pattern. My other usual adjustments included forward shoulder and shortening the sleeves.  The sleeves with this pattern seem to be tight and the pattern markings for bicep size confirm the pin fitting of the sleeves, so I had to add 3/4 inches to the bicep area.
I have yet to cut out the fabric and plan to do so later today.  More updates to follow.

Labels

Show more

Sewcialists

Sewcialists