Thursday, May 05, 2016

Work and no sew!

I traveled to Williamsburg, VA for a conference on Sunday returning Tuesday afternoon in time to shower and dress for our Annual Event.  I find driving 4 hours to be grueling.  On my trip to Williamsburg I lost two hours sitting on Interstate 81 due to two wrecks in two different locations.  For those of you who know this area and have traveled on 81 you know how it can easily become a parking lot.

So not much time for sewing this weekend.  I did cut around the pattern pieces for my next project
Simplicity 1063.  Next I need to pin fit to make adjustments.

Here are the fabrics I will be using
The solid color was acquired from Fabric Mart and I used some of it in a recent project
The floral print fabric is one that I have had for quite some time and not sure if I acquired from Fabric Mart also.  I am searching my photo files of fabric to determine stash time.

I don't think I will have enough to make the top front and the longer sleeves in the solid color; thus I am thinking of using the print for the main pieces with the solid for the back overlay.  I am making the blue version just reversing the contrasting fabrics.

I printed two indie patterns recently as well.  I attempted the Itch to Stitch  Paulina Top previously but fabric choice as well as size choice proved to be all wrong.  I also printed the Tabitha Top by Love Notions.  I am playing around with other fabrics from my stash to determine what I will use to sew up both of these items.

I need more tops for work and play.  It is amazing how I have worn so many of the tops I made over the past two years and have worn them out or just simply tired of wearing them.

More updates later.


2 comments:

  1. What a pity to lose sewing time :-) I'm sure your top will be lovely. It looks interesting and drapey. TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to work to support my sewing habits!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...