I have made progress on fitting adjustments for the peplum top. Decided that the shoulder and armscye area is just to full and decided to remove the sleeves, to trim out some of this fullness. I have enough fabric to cut a new pair of sleeves.
It took me forever to remove serger stitches from one sleeve. I still have the other one to do. I know there has to be an easier way to remove serger stitches. If you know a quick way to remove the stitches, please share. I have not taken the time to go to You Tube and probably there is a tutorial for that. In removing the stitches, some places had small tears in the armhole area; it is okay as I am removing some from that area.
Here's a peak of the work in progress for this peplum top. Very fall looking and I am doing more than I normally do to save this fabric and top.
I took advantage of some National Sewing Month discounts. One was for 15% off EOS fabric. The deadline was ended last week. I bought a black denim rayon ponte kn…
I took Thursday and Friday off allowing me to do several fun things including spending time in my sewing room. I have been sewing the Pamela's Patterns Tank Top. I had some issues with this top and of course I realized there was a tutorial with some updated instructions that were not included in the pattern envelope.
I like the top and I got a good fit; yet I know that I will have issues with the strap growing and they were not stabilized as she recommends in the tutorial. I used this fabric leftover from another project.
It is a lovely knit with good recovery yet I think it was a little to soft for this particular pattern. Added to this is the fact that I did not stabilize the neckline or straps as recommended in the tutorial. There were some other stitching instructions about the facing and what I should have done at the strap area.
I will take shots of the finished top and most likely may use this as a tank top for sleeping. I will ma…
OMG! I cannot believe how long it took to complete this project. I eliminated so much width with this pattern. This was definitely a lot of frog sewing with this one. But I was bound and determined to get this to fit as I really like this fabric and it was worth it to keep trying.
The pattern is now adjusted with all the fitting changes.
I have not worn this yet. It is a heavier weight knit that will be great for cool/cold weather.
Here is the completed top-front view and close up
So I am now on to my next project using fabric from stash-a navy blue scuba knit. This is a recent pattern purchase from Simplicity, S8425 with choker neck band. I plan on making the dress.
I have pin fitted and made adjustments to the pattern. I need to pin fit again to make sure all adjustments are what I need. Updates to follow.