I have a birthday in 18 more days! I will turn 65-What-What??? Yesterday I received only one piece of mail for the last day of the month/year-my Medicare Part A card. To be honest I have some very mixed feelings about this new milestone.
1-I don't feel that old. I just took a test about relating with millennials and my score was 91%. This says to me I am still young in some ways.
2-I am glad that I have made it to this age.
3-I am facing retirement in several more years-I not ready to retire yet as there is still some "hunt left in this dog"!
4-I find myself thinking more and more about eliminating "stuff" to plan for that time in the future when DH and I retire.
5-I have many things on my so called "bucket list" I want to do.
6-I do have more aches and pains-some will require more medical attention this year. Otherwise my primary care physician says I am much better at my age than some of his other patients.
7-I don't do resolutions as I have beat myself up when I did not achieve all of them. Perfection is impossible to achieve; so I am working on doing my best and when I don't I need to learn from it and move on.
8- I am working on having more positive conversations with myself-I read recently that individuals have over 70% of negative conversations with themselves.
9-I am planning on having more girl time with long time friends. None of us are getting younger and we always have a good time together.
10-I plan on enjoying 2016 doing the things I love-like sewing, blogging, reading, and trying new to me dining experiences-just to name a few.
My sewing plans for 2016-
- Not buying more patterns-this is hard for me. I have a lot of patterns, a lot!! I will never sew them all. I will be selling some or doing another give away-see item 4 above!
- Using more fabric from my stash-I have a lot of that also. I will probably be selling some of those or doing a giveaway this year. See item 4 above.
- I will sew pants. I stay away from sewing them as I know that getting the fit right will be a challenge and have magnified this in my brain as something to avoid. See item 8 above! I made culottes which turned out great and plan to make more as they are a form of a skirt and pant.
- Return to attending ASG meetings with local chapter. Never made a meeting in 2015! Either work or family issues got in the way. Will put it on my calendar to attend.
- Continue to read more sewing related blogs which always leads to learning more or improving on sewing techniques.