Sunday, November 01, 2015

Moving on to this next

After the wadder yesterday, this AM I spent time in my sewing room looking through fabrics I pulled for fall/winter sewing that I brought into the sewing room.  I decided it is time to sew a jacket.

I use to sew jackets a lot.  Then work styles changed and I began to sew more dresses.  Now because of an ongoing vein issue with my right leg, I wear pants a lot because of having to wear a compression stocking. Thus the reason of late for making so many tops to wear with pants.  So now it is time to make some jackets to wear for the cooler weather that will go with pants.

The fabric I will use is from Mood-an Italian wool blend. Purchased in 2013.
I will make this jacket from Butterick.


I began the pattern fitting process this afternoon. So far I have the two piece sleeves adjusted for length; width is good.  More fitting to do.  Updates later.

6 comments:

  1. I understand about the compression stocking - thought I was going to have to go that way and then I started to lose weight and a lot of things stabilized. Getting old sucks some days! *LOL* I'm sure the jacket will work out fine...there are some awesome versions out on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen on getting old sucks some days! :-)
      I like most all of the versions I have seen of this pattern and now it's time for me to give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I just finished the Lisette jacked and was very pleased with it. Went together perfectly, with good instructions. Made mine an inch longer to accomode my zipper and height. Great versatle jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for feedback about the pattern. I am still in the pin fitting stage of this pattern and don't think I will have to do to much adjusting. I have seen several versions of this jacket and like how all look.

      Delete
  3. You will love this jacket! I've made 2 and they are closet favorites. One day I will work up the nerve for a leather and tweed version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw a version of your jacket this weekend. I think it will be a good pattern for me and hoping I don't have too make too many fitting adjustments. I also want a faux leather one if this one turns out good.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...