What's next

I began pattern fitting and adjustments yesterday and this morning for my next top.  I am using McCall's 7249.  I am making the long sleeve version.



I had to make several adjustments to this pattern-forward shoulder, swayback, narrow back, FBA. The challenging fit adjustment was the FBA.  The base front piece will not have a dart as a result of the bust adjustment.  I did not want the overlay to have a dart so I moved that to gathered edge of this pattern piece. I also adjusted the neckline by one inch as well. I will post some photos of those adjustments later.

I am using a knit that I recently purchased (September) from Fabric Mart; this one did not stay in the collection very long.  This is not the best photo of this fabric.  It is a lovely light pinkish beige with tones of light and dark gray.
My plans are to cut out the fabric this afternoon.

Comments

  1. That's going to be lovely, Linda. I had looked at that fabric several times myself. You will love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. After seeing your two dresses recently I decided to give this a try.

      Delete
  2. Oh you are brave! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good, started sewing it today.

      Delete
  3. I'm interested to see how this turns out. I have it in my "to make" basket, but am skeptical of the FBA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted some photos of how I made an FBA for this. So far the darted bodice is working okay. Have not progressed to attaching overlay.

      Delete
  4. Your fabric will make a gorgeous shirt, especially with all your alterations to achieve a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have started sewing this and still have a ways to go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Oh no!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists