Butterick 6183

I am grateful for a long weekend!  After putting aside the Itch to Stitch top, I decided to make a woven top I had been planning to make for some time now.
I have read some reviews on Pattern Review as well as reading some blog posts also.  Most all seem to be positive and some mentioned the tight sleeves.  I cut my ususal 14 cap for the sleeve and then expanded to size 16 for bicep.

I pin fitted the pattern yesterday, made my usual adjustments-forward shoulder, upper round back adjustment, swayback adjustment.  No FBA as this pattern has cup sizes and I went with the size 16 from bust to bottom.

Here is where I stopped a little while ago
The front pieces are sewn together.  I finished the edges using my serger.  The fabric is from Vogue Fabrics purchased in May.  It is a cotton fabric with a denim look, light to medium weight.  I washed it once prior to sewing it. It presses well and was easy to cut and handle.  I sew so many knit fabrics that I forget how woven fabrics feel and sew.  When I purchased this fabric, my intent was to make a top/blouse;  this pattern was not my choice at the time.  I thought this looked like a cropped top with seaming.


I wish I had cut the center back piece with an add of a 5/8 seam allowance so I could use an invisible zipper. This pattern as it is has the back on the fold with markings to cut an opening for an exposed zipper.

More updates later.  Plan to grill hamburgers soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

New Iron

Ruffle Neck Tunic

Sewcialists

Sewcialists