Sunday, August 23, 2015

Next project-Itch to Stitch

I have acquired several independent patterns for the past couple of years and have made up a few. My most recent was the Kirsten Kimono Top and made two of those with good success.

I am now working on another indie pattern, the Paulina Top from Itch to Stitch.
I have prepared fabric I purchased from Vogue Fabrics early this year for this top, washing and drying it last night.
The black, gray, red and white fabric is a knit lace fabric and I wanted that to be the underlying fabric, yet the lace is very open and will not work for me as that underlying fabric.  So I will make it the top fabric and the red will show through.

I printed the pattern pieces.  The one thing I truly like about this pattern is that it contains layers which allow you to print only the size(s) you need instead of all the sizes making it more cumbersome to trace your size.  I printed only the 12/14 sizes.  All the taping was put together last night and tracing was started and now completed.

I pin fitted the traced pattern pieces and determined that I only need to make a swayback adjustment for the bodice pieces.  The sleeves with this pattern are very full.  I don't care for all of that fullness. If you look at the above photo of the top, the sleeves on the model are very full looking also.  I took out 1.25 inches from the width of the sleeves from under arm to hem.  I also reduced the length by 1.5 inches.

Off to cut out the fabric, set up machines and sew.  More information to follow.


6 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely pattern, and fun to sew as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually just finished cutting out the fabric. Started on it last night but didn't finish.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fabric. I can't wait to see your finished top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now cut out and ready to sew when I find a few more minutes in the day!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see this - I think it's such a pretty pattern and have been curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I hope it turns out well as I like the look of it.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...