Saturday, June 13, 2015

June Garment of the Month

Sewing finally began today after last weekend's decision to postpone making a cotton lace overlay skirt.  I decided to use this fabric from EOS to make a dress.
I decided to make my TNT Vogue dress pattern instead of the Butterick pattern I posted about previously.

Because I have made this previously I decided to go with this as all I had to do was cut out the fabric.  I was looking for immediate gratification sewing and this fit the bill.  I used the print fabric for the center front and center back pieces, as well as for the sleeves.  I shortened the sleeves to elbow length.  

So the pattern is cut out and machines ready to sew.  

Because we had plans to visit some friends at Smith Mountain Lake today, sewing was put aside until tomorrow.  We had great food and fellowship with long time friends and a beach trip planned soon.

Updates later.




1 comment:

  1. I have yet to make this dress! I love it on everyone so I don't know why I haven't sewn it myself. I do like the fabric you've chosen - it'll be pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...