I've decided to discontinue my efforts with the Butterick top; it is either the pattern or the fabric that's just not working for me. I'm going to put it aside for a while and consider a different fabric and see how that will work.
I decided that I would switch to making something else. Before doing so I had to do some housekeeping in my sewing room. The room was looking messier than usual. I had been using a super large hefty type bag that I had been putting new patterns in with the intent of sorting through them and file in my sewing cabinet or boxes.
I purchased banker boxes from Staples and put together several of those so that I could sort skirts, tops, dresses and jackets. With this done I then went through my file cabinet, which is actually a chest of drawers that was my mother's that she antiqued many, many years ago. I've actually run out of space to put patterns in that as well. I did cull some patterns, particularly patterns that were for purses totes and the like. I am donating those to Goodwill.
I then found other items lying around that could be tossed or also given to Goodwill. Finally I vacuumed and decided the next task was to go through the large plastic been where I put fabrics I think I'm going to work on in the near future.
This too needed attention, with some items needing to go back into another room that I used to store seasonal fabrics. Again I found a few fabrics that I wonder why I even purchase them, I think you can also relate to that. Those items I also decided to donate to Goodwill.
I do have some patterns that I set aside and will do a pattern giveaway in the near future. I've not done this before but feel it will be simple to do and will do a random drawing for those lucky winners.Finally I took photos of some fabric recently purchased that I have not documented. I will post those shortly.
Now that I am a little more organized the next thing to do is decide what to sew next. Because the boxy top did not work I am delaying sewing the culottes pattern. More updates later. I hope your sewing time this weekend has been productive.