Friday, March 13, 2015

Missing

I have missed blogging; some life things have kept me from blogging of late.  I am back.

I have finished one garment since I last posted.  It is knit top using Simplicity 1199.
I used fabric from my stash.  This is my first version of this top and let me say this pattern runs large huge!  Using the finished pattern measurements was not reliable.  Having read reviews on PR I was prepared to make adjustments as others said this ran large.

I was able to make fitting adjustments with princess and side seams.  All of those adjustments have produced a wearable top for around the house and quick trips to store.  It is still to large in the shoulder area and bra strap will show as it is also rather wide neckline.  The neckband with my knit fabric did not work well and I ended up using bias tape at the neckline.

Some photos of the finished top.
Back

Front and back hemline


Front
More later.  Off to get dressed for work, work, work!

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is a nice way to making time for yourself - it sounds like you have a lot of work demands at the moment. I hope things settle down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz, I know we all have been in work or school demands. It is nice to get back to something you love to do for yourself. I am making some time this weekend to get into the sewing room.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back! and hope you get that sewing time.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...