Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekend sewing

I have been fighting the "crud" all weekend.  Last year I got lucky and did not catch a cold; not so this year.  I have been sneezing, coughing all weekend.  Plus stuck in the house because of more snow Saturday on top of what we go on Monday/Tuesday.  Granted what we got is nothing like what has been going on in Boston, it was still enough to bring everything to a stand still in my neck of the woods.

Yesterday I pin-fitted Simplicity 1199 and made my usual adjustments.  This morning I cut out the fabric.

I did not have the battery charged for the camera so took a shot of the pattern and the two fabrics with an inexpensive tablet which does not do will for taking photos.   I am making View A, which is the same view as the model wearing the striped fabric.

The fabrics are from my stash.  The print fabric is a light brown, gray/green with cream background, the side panels will be sewn using the cream colored fabric.  The print is a knit I purchased from EOS and the cream I think I acquired from Fabric. com.  Probably both have been around for two years or more.

I began sewing the top after reading the instructions.  The construction process is not what I expected yet I think it will sew better their way than I had visualized sewing this.  I stopped sewing as I started to feel "yucky".  Hope to sew more later, but the Oscars are tonight and do plan to watch most of it.  I think it drags in places and unfortunately I am not real excited about this year's MC/host.  I like him as an actor just don't think he will do well for hosting.  We will see.

I hope you had a sewing weekend that was productive.  More later.

10 comments:

  1. That pattern looks like a nice spring top!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, not the crud! I dash in and out of the grocery and pharmacy and then almost shower in sanitizing gel...so don't want to get sick! Hope it clears up without any problems. Can't wait to see your top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently purchased this pattern. There are a couple of views that I thought would work for spring and summer. Looking forward to seeing your finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better. I'm at the tail end of (another) bug. Small stuff, but still. Anyway, your top is going to be lovely, with that pattern and fabrics. I hope the project goes together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sandra! I am feeling better but still have a nagging cough.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...