Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Progress in pictures

This is front with a too small peplum attachment.  I wrote about this previously.
Here is the revised peplum that now aligns with the right front bodice:
Better looking this way.

I have inserted the invisible zipper and sewn the side seams.  Lining was completed first and glad I did it that way as I ended up taking 1 1/4 inch seam for the zipper in the upper back area, tapering to 5/8 just above the waist to zipper stop.  I really have a narrow upper back.  I also shortened the back bodice by 5/8 inch from center back tapering to nothing at side seam.  I also sewed longer back waist darts to get a better fit.

In addition I sewed 1 inch seams at skirt bottom tapering to 5/8 from waist up.  I have yet to try on the dress after sewing.  Hopefully these adjustments are enough.

Here is a photo of the center back seam with zipper inserted.
I am pleased with the alignment of the back waist seams.  Below is my suggestion on how to do this, click on the photo so you can read what I typed:

That's all the progress at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...