Progress in pictures

This is front with a too small peplum attachment.  I wrote about this previously.
Here is the revised peplum that now aligns with the right front bodice:
Better looking this way.

I have inserted the invisible zipper and sewn the side seams.  Lining was completed first and glad I did it that way as I ended up taking 1 1/4 inch seam for the zipper in the upper back area, tapering to 5/8 just above the waist to zipper stop.  I really have a narrow upper back.  I also shortened the back bodice by 5/8 inch from center back tapering to nothing at side seam.  I also sewed longer back waist darts to get a better fit.

In addition I sewed 1 inch seams at skirt bottom tapering to 5/8 from waist up.  I have yet to try on the dress after sewing.  Hopefully these adjustments are enough.

Here is a photo of the center back seam with zipper inserted.
I am pleased with the alignment of the back waist seams.  Below is my suggestion on how to do this, click on the photo so you can read what I typed:

That's all the progress at this time.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New patterns and what's next

Wearing Jalie Bobbie Top

Pattern Stash Reduction and Next Project

Sewcialists

Sewcialists