I finished all of my last minute shopping as well as grocery shopping for Christmas dinner.
DH was off from work today also and had a doctor's appointment; he was out by the time I got home so after unloading everything we went for late breakfast. When we returned I headed straight to the sewing room as that was my plan for the day.
When I sew garments with linings, I normally start sewing the lining first. This allows me to make fitting tweaks and then transfer those changes to the fabric. I basted all the darts and the princess seam and attached front bodice to back bodice for fitting. I had to make adjustments to the front bodice darts. The waist dart was too long and hit the bust area to high; I reduced the length by one inch. The side dart was pointing up and was too short. I had to change the direction of that dart and lengthened it. In a previous post, I showed how I made the FBA for both sides of the bodice.
I also reduced the width of the waist dart as well and took 1/2 inch seam at the waist area of princess seam and then increased to 5/8 inch right below bust to shoulder.
I took some shots of the bodice and lining bodice pinned to Alma Marie.
|Left front side with princess seam|
|Right front side with side and waist darts|
|Front lining bodice|