This blog is about sewing and so let me share with you what I've done this weekend. I worked on the McCall's tunic top and I am not happy with it. Some of it has to do with the fabric and some of it is just am not feeling happy about the look of the top with the drape.
The draped neckline is a nice touch but with this fabric it's very heavy. You can see a close-up of the neck drape below:
The neckline is somewhat low and I raised it an inch and a half prior to cutting it out. Even with this adjustment, it was still too low and the weight of the drape pulls the neckline forward. You can see the top as it stands now.
I decided I do not want to spend any more time on this top. I have numerous other patterns waiting for attention as well as other fabric. I am going to put this aside and perhaps donate to a local charity.
I decided to complete the black McCall's dress UFO. It needed the sleeves hemmed as well as hemming the dress. This I have completed and now have a new black dress to wear. The knit fabric was a double knit purchase from Mood.
After completing the hemming, I cut around the pattern pieces for another McCall's knit top.I plan to use some recently purchased knit fabric from EOS.
I have a business trip again next week and I hope that I have an opportunity to visit a fabric store while there.