Penny Pinnafore in progress

First I want to say this is a good pattern.  It is important to read the introduction provided with the pattern pieces. (how do I know this?)  I made some adjustments to the pattern that ended up creating a wonky pattern.  I went back and retraced the pattern pieces selecting a better size as I did go from size 4 to size 6.  I also shortened too much in one area that instructions advise not doing what I did!!  I could have saved myself some time.

The front and back sections are complete.  I attached the front and back shoulders and basted the sides for fitting.  I found during this fitting that I need to take deeper shoulder seams and take in the waist area a little more.  I may have to cut some of the length off.

This fabric has the best drape for this pattern. Fabric is from EmmaOneSock. I will finish this up tomorrow.  I only have to sew up the sleeves and insert those and hem everything.

Here is a photo of the dress in progress laying on cutting table.

.

Comments

  1. Cool, I love pinafores, looking forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to finish soon, progress being made.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Out with the Old, In with the New

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists