Sunday, June 29, 2014

Penny Pinnafore Pattern

I acquired this pattern sometime ago.  After making the decision to use the EOS fabric-solid royal blue with striped floral print-I wanted to be able to showcase the two fabrics.  Looking through various Vogue, Butterick and Simplicity patterns, I thought about some indie patterns I had ordered and downloaded. 

I printed out all pattern pieces and then taped the pieces together.  That is time consuming but the pattern draft seems good.  The pattern instructions include a pictorial tutorial (say that three times fast) for those who may need additional help in sewing the pattern and there is a condensed version for those who have more experience.  The pattern is rated intermediate.

After printing and taping, I took Swedish tracing paper and traced what I consider to be my sizes from the measurements included.  You use your high bust measurement to determine the bust size and can easily transition from one size to the next if you find you fall between sizes, which I do.

The pattern lines are printed in various colors to help in viewing and cutting your size.  Reviews seem to be good for this pattern and hope I have the same success.  As usual I will pin fit the pattern once I finish tracing, I still have one main dress part to trace.

In addition to working on this, I decided to wash several knit fabrics that I want to work with on some knit tops soon.  Two pieces I want to make up soon
EOS thin mesh knit-red floral with blue white stripes



Steel blue bamboo knit from Vogue fabrics

I plan to use this Simplicity pattern
I am going to use the mesh knit  as the black lace fabric is used in the black and gray top above. I have not pulled the pattern pieces for this yet.  Long weekend coming up next week so want to get a jump on the sewing if I can.



2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing you projects develop!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to work on this over the long holiday weekend

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...