I have made lots of progress with the dress and hope to finish it this evening. I thought I would share what I have achieved yesterday and this morning.
After basting the dress fabric side seams for fitting purposes, this was after inserting the zipper, I discovered I needed to take up some of the upper back width and was able to do this at the back princess seams.
I learned something new recently about attaching a dress lining to the dress fabric by stitching the lining to the zipper first, then attach to the neckline. It is always a learning experience when reading other's blogs. Sigrid posted about this method on one of her recent posts. I printed out how to do this from Amy at Sewaholic's website.
You can see from these photos how attractive this looks when completed.
I have used a similar method that focus is really on facings but it works with lining as well.
Here is the dress with lining attached; next step is to attach the sleeves, then attach lining to back vent and hem!!
I may get this completed before summer ends yet; sewing takes longer to do these days but I am pushing for quality and fit. I am having issues today with neck and shoulder pain by over staying too long at the sewing machine. I had to take a break for awhile to let pain calm down. I hate when that happens as it truly slows me down. Tomorrow acupuncture which has truly helped. That's how I spell relief.
More to share later.