Sunday, May 25, 2014

Skirt in the making

I have been busy since leaving work on Friday.  I did my grocery shopping after work and Saturday was a day of doing nothing but sewing and grilling.  I made great progress on the McCall's skirt yesterday and today.  Here are photos of my progress from yesterday and early this morning.
Skirt front and side fronts sewn and pinned to AlmaMarie

Center back, side back and bottom godet pinned and ready to sew
I use Design Plus Fusbile bias and straight tape to reinforce zipper area.
Invisible zipper inserted at side seam
I took these photos this morning.  This evening I sewed the other side seam together and the same sewing was completed with the lining fabric.  In trying on the skirt, I took deeper seams at waist area of center front and center back seams.  All that is left to do is attach the lining, skirt facings, sew hook and eye and hem lining and skirt fabric.

Having made this pattern previously, this was a nice garment to sew and only referred to instructions periodically. 

More updates to follow.  I am already planning my next garment-a dress!
Happy Memorial Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...