I almost finished the top this afternoon. Work and life in general got in the way and now my energy is gone.
Let me say at first I thought this top was going to be huge. I cut a medium through the neck, shoulder and upper chest area, grading to large from bust to hemline. I raised the center front neck area on this top as I thought, rightfully so, that it would end up being too low for my liking and aging neck/chest area.
When I held the front piece up before sewing, I thought wow this is still going to be low and huge. I stay stitched the front and back necklines to keep any extra stretch from occurring. I stitched the shoulders and then basted the side seams. After stitching the center back seam of the collar, I then basted this to the neck area. Once I tried it own, I was pleasantly pleased with the fit except for the length of the top, it looked like a tunic and came to right below my thighs, much longer than a top that was to end at the hip line.
I cut off 1.5 inches from the bottom of the top then stitched the side seams and collar. I also found some labels that I had misplaced and sewed one to the neckline. I need to find a new label source. These I bought from a seller on Etsy, who seems to not have a shop open at this time.
I only have to thread the coverstitch machine and hem the sleeves and top. I have to travel for work again tomorrow so this will have to wait until I return.
I will leave you with a look at the work in progress laying on cutting table.