Today I am like this
I just was not going to let this situation defeat me, so I turned it into what a coworker always calls a "challenge" an OPPORTUNITY! I searched via Google for examples of sewing exposed zippers; very interesting stuff out there. Many I had seen before and some new ideas as well. Thinking about it off and on yesterday evening while out and about with DH, I kept thinking that I could stitch it somewhat like I do with an invisible zipper with the zipper seam not basted together.
So this morning after sleeping and letting my solution percolate, I was able to install the zipper very nicely if I say so myself! Not the greatest photo, it was taken with my iPad and I did not adjust lighting, etc. before posting here.
I have now stitched the side seams and tried on. I need to take deeper side seams as I stitched only using 1/2 seam allowance as I was just not sure how the fabric was going to be once sewn together. The front panel was stitched only using 1/2 inch as well and will adjust that as well. Taking deeper seams will not present stitching problems as the old stitching line will not be exposed.
This leaves just a few other steps to take before it will be complete. This is to be my November Garment of the month!!!
Busy doing some early Thanksgiving cooking. Updates later!