Sunday, August 18, 2013

More progress

Don't you love it when a plan comes together!  That's how I am feeling about this Butterick dress and the fitting adjustments I decided to make.  Sometimes my fitting adjustments are not good choices and sometimes I over fit. 

One fitting adjustment I made was to take a deeper and longer dart in the back bodice piece.  That worked well. I also adjusted the back bodice by taking an extra 3/8 inch  for the center part of the bodice tapering back to 5/8 right past the dart ending at side seam when attaching to the back skirt portion.  This eliminated the drooping I saw at the upper center back when fitting the basted dress. 

I then attached an invisible zipper.  I did take a 3/4 inch seam at the neckline tapering to 5/8 for the remainder of the zipper.  Side seams are stitched and now I need to insert sleeves and hem the dress.

I made important fitting notes on the pattern instruction pages so to remember the adjustments I made.  I will adjust the pattern for next version.  Yes there will be another version, one more suitable for transitioning to fall.

More photos to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! A Team reference! LOL Good job on this project; thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete

I am adding comment moderation as I found recently some comments that really have nothing to do with the post at hand. I may decide to change this in the future. Sorry a few bad apples ruin something for many!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin