Made progress on Laurel

I made a lot of pattern adjustments while pin fitting the pattern. I cut out the fabric last night and began some sewing.  This AM I inserted an invisible zipper and sew front darts and shoulder seams.  At this point when I sew I usually baste side seams for fitting.

I basted side seams as usual and tried on the Laurel dress and determined that I had to take much deeper seams from waist to hem line.  When I review pattern measurements, Colette patterns are always large on me at waist to hemline; I normally go smaller but this time I used a 12 throughout.   I basted deeper seams, making seams 1 1/2 inches deep.  I determined that the back darts need to be taken in as well to give a better fit for the back.  At that point I had to stop sewing for the day.

I think I will have to sew darts at the back neckline as well to get a better fit.  Next steps are to baste in the sleeves as I think the shoulder may be too long as well.  These are all fixable fitting issues and will definitely aid me in making the next dress.

I like the look of the dress after basting the sides seams deeper.  I think the rayon challis fabric  I used was perfect for this pattern due to the drape of the fabric.

Here is a glimpse of the work in progress

Comments

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

Ruffle Neck Tunic

Sewcialists

Sewcialists