Sunday, March 31, 2013

More patterns

I fell in love with this peplum top pattern after reading A Sewing Life's blog and post on Pattern Review.













When I read the following from her review at PR, I knew that I wanted to try this pattern:
"The peplum portion of the top flares only at the sides, keeping the front and back panels straight. Since I consider my front-to-back depth to be more of an issue than my side-to-side width, I thought this type of peplum might work better for my figure than those which have a flare that goes all the way around the body."
So of course, I went to Jo Ann's to buy the pattern and they did not have it in my size.  I also liked this NewLook pattern.


Of course, they did not have this in the drawer.  So I ordered from Simplicity website paying a little more than I would have at Jo Ann's but less than full price.

Since I am on a top sewing jag at this time I plan to make the peplum top next.    I have a lightweight, faux leather fabric from Mood that I plan to try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...