Saturday, March 02, 2013

Burda top off and on

I took opportunities during the week to work on the second version of the Burda top after incorporating all the changes discussed in this post.  They were the right ones to do.  The only thing left is to add the neck line binding.

I tried on the top last night and I have a gap at the center back.  I could probably make too little tucks on each side of the center back before attaching the neck band.  Or take deeper seam at the back shoulder area of the raglan sleeve.   Because of the ruffles on the sleeves, taking a deeper seam there may affect those.

Once I complete this, I plan to pin fit several patterns in my pattern line up so I can then proceed with next projects.  One will be this dress that I keep seeing pop up on several blogs as well as PR.
V8742
I have a lovely print knit purchased from EOS sometime late last year that I plan to use.  It is washed and ready to go.  It definitely matches up to the stretch test on the pattern envelope.

Another pattern on my to sew list is Vogue 8786.  I have plans for fabric I purchased from Vogue fabrics for this one.
V8786

Other ideas are floating around in my head.  I am trying to focus on transitional fabrics and styles.
Hoping your sewing weekend is productive.  I heading to the sewing room now!

2 comments:

  1. V 8786 looks like it could become a TNT. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut out the pattern pieces and made a few fitting adjustments today. I am hoping it is going to be a TNT also.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin