The length of this top was too long even if I was going to wear it as a tunic and evening then it was just too tight to go over jeans well.
The adjustments I ended up making before I cut out the originally planned fabric were:
- Raise neckline an inch. This created a challenge to raise the sleeve top by the same inch but it came out well.
- Cut off two inches from the length.
- Take a 3/8 horizontal tuck in the front and back bodice pieces and adjust sleeve by the same amount.
- Add 1/2 inches to front and back from under the bust, which fit well, to the bottom.
- Make my usual swayback adjustment which I failed to do when cutting out the test garment.
- Adjust markings on the sleeves to allow for added inch at the shoulder point area for front and back so gathers will be sewn appropriately.
I hope your sewing weekend was a good one.