Saturday, February 23, 2013
Burda Style top pattern
It has a diagonal ombre type coloring in a light rust to brown coloring. It never became a skirt I had planned to make. It still could become a skirt as I bought enough fabric that I got one top made and this one to be made and still have enough to make a simple skirt, perhaps a Magic Skirt.
I made a FBA and kept the dart. Testing this will allow me to decide whether to redraft the front and eliminate dart on the next version. In tissue fitting this, with some difficulty, I don't think the top will be too low. Burda tops and I do not always match up.
I also recently ordered some new fabrics which arrived earlier this week. I am going on a fabric diet now as I am running out of bins to store more fabric. (Sure I can buy more bins, but enough for now and for patterns also) Will share photos of the new fabric soon. They are for transitioning to spring which can't get here fast enough.