Saturday, February 23, 2013

Burda Style top pattern

I decided I wanted to test this pattern on another knit before cutting into the originally planned fabric.  If there are any fitting issues I can adjust after making this one.  This is a knit fabric I used recently to make another top.  It is knit from Gorgeous Fabrics acquired a couple of years ago and strangely I have no photo of it or a recent top I made (or that I can find).

It has a diagonal ombre type coloring in a light rust to brown coloring.  It never became a skirt I had planned to make.  It still could become a skirt as I bought enough fabric that I got one top made and this one to be made and still have enough to make a simple skirt, perhaps a Magic Skirt.

I made a FBA and kept the dart.  Testing this will allow me to decide whether to redraft the front and eliminate dart on the next version.  In tissue fitting this, with some difficulty, I don't think the top will be too low.  Burda tops and I do not always match up.

I also recently ordered some new fabrics which arrived earlier this week.  I am going on a fabric diet now as I am running out of bins to store more fabric. (Sure I can buy more bins, but enough for now and for patterns also)  Will share photos of the new fabric soon.  They are for transitioning to spring which can't get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...