Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Next up Kwik Sew Jacket

I want to work on a few jackets for my next sewing projects.  I decided to use a Kwik Sew pattern to sew up the blue faux suede fabric acquired last year from Les Fabrique.  I have traced the numerous pattern pieces; there are several for the back of the jacket.  I pin fitted the pattern and made my usual forward shoulder adjustment.  I did not have to make a FBA--yeah!

I traced a medium for the shoulders and upper chest/ back area tapering to large for bust to bodice bottom.  I shortened the sleeves by an inch and think that I will end up taking a deeper seam as the jacket sleeves are rather full from elbow to wrist.  Before I cut the fabric I will raise underarm about 1/2 inch and adjust the sleeve cap accordingly.

Now that I have to go back to work today, I feel real motivated to go and sew.  We have another holiday later in the month so will get one more long weekend to sew.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...