Monday, January 21, 2013

Jacket unit is complete




I was able to insert the sleeves this afternoon.  I did not get the lining cut out as hoped.  Here is a shot of the jacket.  Sorry that the photo is not better; I used my Samsung Galaxy Player to take the photo.

I think I will add small shoulder pads and sleeve head to give the shoulder and top of arms better shaping. I had pinned one shoulder pad in place and I thought it improved the look of the jacket.

Normally with KS patterns I use a small in the upper chest and shoulder area, tapering to large at the bust area.  With this jacket I decided to use a medium in the upper chest and shoulder area since I plan to wear heavier weight tops under the jacket and wanted the fit to not be too tight.  This seemed to be the right solution for the fabric I am using for this jacket as well.

If I had just one more day, I could have finished the jacket.  Next jacket may be a Sewaholic pattern.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished jacket! I too, spent this holiday sewing! and a few house chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! It's looking real good from here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin