Tuesday, November 20, 2012

V9771

I was able to make adjustments to this pattern and cut out the fabric late afternoon into early evening.  I am making view A which is the short sleeve version. I had enough to make the long sleeve version; I decided that the short sleeve would be more usable for several seasons.  This is another rayon challis fabric I purchased from Fabric Mart a month or two ago.  Yesterday's wadder was from fabric from FM purchased at the same time.

Below is a photo of the fabric I used.  It is black and white with small gray dots.  I have had this pattern for a very long time and decided it had aged well enough.  The front and back are cut on the bias.  I only made a sway back adjustment.  The finished bust measurements seemed to indicate that a FBA will not be needed.



Tomorrow I will sew this up in between preparing some of the Thanksgiving meal for Thursday.  I have plans for making another Pamela's Pattern Top using either a funnel neck or a boat neck.  I made a few tweaks to this pattern this AM.  The fabric is a beautiful knit I purchased from Les Fabrique in Charlottesville several years ago.  It too has now aged enough to be use.  I have plans for a third top using a knit purchased over 12 years ago while living in Florida.  I plan to use a Butterick pattern purchased last year.  

More show and tell soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...