Saturday, October 13, 2012

Small Progress

I had only a short time to sew this afternoon.  Thus far the darts are sewn on the front bodice.  I interfaced the front and back facings and then attached to the front and back neckband at the neckline.  Before attaching at neckline you have to gather the front neckband between notches and line up with notices on the facing.

When you have only a 1/4 inch seam allowance this gets to be a little fiddly and the knit I am using is fiddly  also.  All turned out well though and I was pleased with that. 

The next step is to gather the bottom edge of the front neckband and match the notches to the facing.  The instructions have you attach to the neckline in two steps.  Sometimes this can be done by attaching the neckband to the facing by sewing or serging and then attach all to neckline.  I may use their instructions as it is important to get the gathers aligning in the center of the front neckline.

Hopefully will sew a little more this later tonight.  DH fell at work yesterday and has fractured a rib, so having to "babysit" some with him.  I know that it is painful but his pain tolerance level is about -5!  

More updates later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...