Monday, September 03, 2012

New Look skirt is 98% complete

What a challenge this skirt was because of the fabric, it would ravel looking at it..  Just about every seam was serged and seam tape fused.  The skirt did not call for a lining but it was necessary for this fabric.  Besides I really like lined skirts most of the time.

So all is complete with this skirt except for the hem.  I realized I cut out the longer version of the skirt and NL patterns as are most patterns are designed for tall people, not petite/vertically challenged indivduals as I am.  So I will cut off about two inches to have the 1 1/4 inch hem called for.

I will take photos later. 

Now I am undecided what I really want to make next.  I put off a McCall's dress pattern with raglan sleeves as I just am not "feeling it" for this dress.  I think I want to continue with skirts and have a few knit tops I want to sew up also.

I will sleep on it as I do have one more day of vacation left and hopefully can start new project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...