Sunday, September 30, 2012

Heading toward the home stretch

I have made great strides on completing the skirt in progress.  I have truly enjoyed sewing the polyester crepe fabric. The front and back pieces are complete and I am now ready to insert the zipper, sew the lining and fabric units together and hem.

I have a business trip coming up the middle of next week and had hoped to have the skirt and top ready to take with me.  Most likely will not happen.  I will be taking two skirts I made; one last year and one last week.

I am really stumped on the top to make with this skirt.  I realized I have limited fabric as I remembered that when I bought it from EOS she had only a small amount left and I accepted what she had.  The other criteria is that it needs to be a more fitted top to work with this skirt.

I am going to edit a few photos I took of my Vogue skirt and post shortly.  I wore it last week and I decided to get on the mixed pattern band wagon; I think I did it rather successfully based on comments I received.  This will be one outfit I will take on the trip.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...