Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Staycation and New Fabric

Today is my Friday!  And DH and I are taking vacation time starting this evening and into next week.  No real travel plans, but I do have sewing plans.

I have not purchased much fabric of late and started feeling some withdrawals.  With fall fashion magazines popping up all over, I can not help but want to start on some fall sewing; somewhat tough when weather heats up again.

So I began going to my favorite fabric haunts-EOS, Gorgeous Fabrics and Fabric Mart.  I ordered black and white boucle fabric from EOS earlier this week and it arrived today!!!!  I want to make some jackets this year; have not sewn many in the past few years and time to refresh those items in my closet.  Here is iPhone photo of my EOS purchase.
Photo does not do this fabric justice.

I ordered some wool gabardine fabrics from Fabric Mart along with some rayon challis.  I purchased enough fabric to receive a fabric bundle.  The last bundle I got from FM was very nice so hope the colors and the fabric type works well for me this time as well.  Will share photos when fabric arrives.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't purchased any fabric in the last month leading up to my vacation and I'm experiencing serious withdrawal. That's a great piece from EOS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really splurged at Fabric Mart; great prices on wool gabardine that I just could not pass up.

      Delete
  2. That is a great piece from EOS! I'd recognize one of her fabric bundles anywhere. :) Happy staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White/Black boucle will be perfect for a jacket. I am looking forward to making jackets this fall/winter, now that I have the fba under my belt.

    Have a fabulous Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, today was a good start toward a nice vacation.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...