Saturday, March 03, 2012

Updates at Casa Danvillegirl

I have not been very active in the sewing room since completing the color blocked dress.  To fill in the non-sewing time I have been catching up on blogs and reading pattern reviews.  I also have been "window shopping" on several fabric sites and made a huge purchase of fabrics from Gorgeous Fabrics during their 5 year anniversary.  Purchased  some pretty bright fabrics for spring/summer sewing.

I am so loving the "tangerine" color for spring/summer.  I love orange shades and fortunately for me they go well with my warm coloring.  I began taking some photos of fabric last night with iPad and will transfer and upload those for all to see soon.

Last night I did spend time in the sewing room fitting Butterick 5672.  I had to make 2.5 inch FBA.  My challenge is the that the pattern has one bust dart in the dress bodice with pleats on that same side.  The lining bodice pattern has waist and side bust dart.  I made the FBA on lining pattern first and then the dress bodice.  In making the FBA on the dress bodice I added a dart on the opposite side.  I am trying to work through if I want to eliminate that dart to keep "true" to the pattern design.  And if I do how bust to transfer that dart.  I may just keep the new dart.  The pattern is the template and I am the editor.

While also buying new fabric, I purchased a few new patterns from a recent Club BMV sale and those arrived yesterday.  I will make a point to take photos and post all new things this weekend.

I am off to sewing room now.  More later.

1 comment:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...