Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vogue Skirt in progress

I've make great progress on the Vogue 8750 skirt.  The front unit is complete.  I love the three pieces of the side front.  They went together very easily.   The fabric is from EOS and is a stretch woven fabric that looks like lace overlay.  I am actually using the wrong side of the fabric; but for me this gave a better illusion of lace and it appears more gray and black.

I continue to see a lot of gray and silver colored clothes in department stores and magazines.  So I want to add some of this to my wardrobe.

Here are a few shots of the skirt front:

Close up of side front pieces
Topstitching of the curved side pieces

Front and side front pieces stitched together





I started on the back pieces and should have a completed skirt tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Gray is definitely hot for fall! I've pulled a few pieces from the fabric closet that I collected the last time gray was hot, that I plan to use for fall sewing also.

    BTW, I love that EOS piece of fabric!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...