Can we get a WooHoo?
The dress is complete! Woo Hoo! I still have to sew on a hook and eye, still have not done that yet for this dress or the other two!!!! Still plan to do it, but after posting this I am off to fix some dinner!
As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words so -----
With all those flowers it is very hard to see the princess seaming, and the neckline ruffles in the photo.
I cut the bias neck and armhole binding using the pattern pieces. But instead of using the their directions for attaching, I decided to use my Simplicity Bias Taper Maker machine and create a nice bias tape. In the photo above, I attached one side of the bias fabric using the fold created by the tape maker for sewing guide. I then trim the seam and turned the bias fabric, pinned and then “stitched in the ditch”. The pattern instructions have to you hand sew the bias binding; not for this girl.
This is the pinned bias at the armhole. The pattern has you stitch the bias binding and then turn all of the binding to the inside and then you topstitch. Their method the bias binding does not show. I wanted it to as a nice design feature.
Here is a close up of the neckline and ruffle. Still hard to see. Perhaps I should have used the contrasting solid color for the ruffle.
Sorry no photo of me wearing the dress. I am comfortably dressed for lounging around the house and will have to save the wearing shot for another day.
I hope everyone has/had a nice Father’s Day, no matter how you celebrated.