Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sewing holiday

I love holiday weekends!  Time to rest, play and sew.

I have made great progress with NL6000.  One night last week while drifting off to sleep, I had the thought that I should add a lining to this dress.  The red/white houndstooth fabric ravels a lot; and I thought that a lining would help with some stability and protection of the serged seams.  I did not want to do a Hong Kong finish.  So Friday evening I cut out the lining fabric.

Yesterday AM and evening I sewed the lining fabric first for test fitting.  I then started on sewing the dress stopping when all darts were sewn.  This AM I inserted the invisible zipper completed the back seam sewing, sewed the shoulders and have now basted the side seams for a fitting of the actual dress.

Sewing to resume later today. 

Yesterday while out and about doing some shopping, I stopped at JoAnn's to pick up a red zipper for the dress.  While there Simplicity patterns were 5 for $5 and took advantage of that sale to pick up a couple of patterns that I have had an interest in but not enough to pay full or half price.  Love a $1 a pattern sale!

More later

1 comment:

  1. My mind works like that, too. I often get ideas as I'm drifting off to sleep or just waking up. More often than not, they are actually good ideas. A lining will be a good addition to this dress.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...