Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving-2010

I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a good day.  I spent most of the day cooking and eating.  I was able to sneak in a few moments of sewing, working on the Vogue skirt pattern. 

Progress thus far:
1.Side back and back pieces sewn together.
2. Invisible zipper inserted
3. Cut out lining fabric as it is wool fabric for skirt and I like a lining with wool.
4. Back and side back lining pieces sewn.
5. Front and side front pieces attached at upper part of skirt per instructions.
6. Facing pieces interfaced and front and back facings sewn together.

Tomorrow we travel to Danville to see MIL and hopefully tomorrow evening I can complete the sewing of the front pieces.  Instructions are unique to the way the front pieces are to be attached, overlapped and gathered.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had fun on your travels. Glad you are able to get back to sewing. Are you using one of your new boucles? They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...