Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simplicity 2360 Progress

Instead of spending way more time at my computer this evening, I spent time in my sewing room.  It was only 45 minutes but in that time, I sewed the center front and center back pieces together at the shoulders.  I then sewed the front and back flounce pieces together at the shoulder. 

At that point I decided I was not going to like how the flounce was going to look with a tiny rolled under hem.  I decided to cut out another set of front and back flounces from the linen/rayon fabric to use as self fabric lining of the flounces.  I think it will give the flounces more body like the RTW dress that I am imitating.

Here are a few shots I took with the single layer flounces pinned at the shoulders to the center front and back pieces.
Center front with flounces pinned to front on Alma Marie
Back piece with flounces laying across back.














More later.

4 comments:

  1. Even at this early stage, this dress looks lovely, cool and lighter than air. I look forward to your blogs so much, because you always have such interesting projects and gorgeous fabrics to show us. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it with the self fabric flounce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you're making progress; can't wait to see the finished results. I should follow suit and stay off the computer long enough to sew something, lol!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...