Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A little sewing-here and there

This morning I had to iron my dress that I was going to wear to work. While waiting for the iron, I decided to hem the KS top as the Coverstitch machine was up and ready to go. A piece of cake-10 minutes and it was done. Pressed the dress, cut off some loose threads and out the door.

I wore the KS dress recently completed with pintuck waist insert. I got several compliments today at work. Wearability factor--on scale of 10, I will give it an 8. I think I can still take it up through the waist area another 1/2 inch. Material is stretch cotton. The bateau neckline I love, but it tends to bunch up in the center front; not a major issue but one that can be corrected by lowering the front area where dress and neckline piece meet.

I started the LH skirt, so front and back are attached. Flounce next, then cover stitch that hem, attach elastic and done. The KS top was completed all on the serger and hemmed on coverstitch machine. Skirt will be the same Easy-peasy. Sometimes you just need that kind of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...