Friday, November 13, 2009

Top is cut out.

I ended up changing the fabric for the Simplicity top. The black I was going to use is a real unknown, meaning I have no clue what the fabric type is. It does have some stretch but rather see through as well. Not what I am wanting at this time.

I thought about using a polyester charmeuse, but wasn't up to the challenge of cutting this fabric without some paper underneath the fabric to control the slipping. I have added paper to my ever growing list of things I must purchase tomorrow.

The fabric I selected is a silk dupioni that has been in my fabric stash for at least 4 to 5 years. It is a warm pink shade that I acquired from a silk fabric co-op that does not exist anymore. This was the only fabric I purchased from this co-op. It is a perfect pink color for me as I am not much of pink person. This pink is on the warm side of the scale. It also goes great with the fabric I purchased in October to make a boucle jacket. That fabric contains grey, black,white, pink and yellow. I pressed the fabric making sure that the folds had not faded and I am happy to report that was not the case at all.

I am going to make View E with neckline ruffle. I may replace the tie piece that is affixed to the ruffle at the shoulder area with a rose that is included as a pattern piece. One of the views shows roses all around the neckline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...