My second sewing project-completed!
Below are some photos of Butterick 5278. This was a bear of a project and was due mainly to "Operator Error" and not the pattern nor the fabric. I just failed to do some things when cutting out the pattern after making some pattern adjustments. For example I did not do a forward shoulder adjustment with the neckline pieces but did on a portion of the sleeves. I had to compensate for this by restitching the shoulder seams on these pieces.
Another issue was the FBA I completed. This of course increased the width and length of the bodice; that was necessary. The FBA required an adjustment to the center front piece which I made. What I did not do is adjust or correct the placement dot on the front bodice piece so that the ties would be placed differently at center front. This creates a situation with tying the ties that I notice right off but I think that others when seeing it will not notice as I do. Because of the way I attached the lining/facing center piece enclosing the front center piece by machine and thus no hand sewing, it is possible to correct. This would however require me to undo way too many pieces. So I will live with it.
These are things that I made note of but not sure that this pattern warrants more than one of this style dress. As mentioned in an earlier post, I had to cut another front piece and I was fortunate enough to have enough to do that. So I am happy that the project is almost over.
All that is left to do is to hem the skirt. I just ran out of steam and had other things I needed to do. So I will take care of the hem later this week. All in all I am satisfied with the dress.
I love the fabric. Amazing how sometimes when I buy fabric it will linger in fabric collection months and even years. This fabric I acquired last month from "Gorgeous Fabrics" and it did not linger long at all. The final two shots are of my backside. At the time these were taken the side seams were only basted in.
For some strange reason, when my camera was set on timer to take self portraits, the first of the two pictures always came out blurry. I have no idea why. So here is fuzzy and non-fuzzy view.