Monday, May 04, 2009

Dress progress

Yesterday's weather was perfect for staying in doors and sewing. So I made some progress with my dress. You can see the stand collar attached in this photo. I had to trim the back neckline about 1/4 inch to improve the fit. I am pleased with the fit of the bodice for this pattern. I am pretty much following the instructions with this pattern. Thus I am deviating from my usual sew all the front pieces and back pieces together then sew side seams. I think I chose mainly to do this because of the side zipper insertion which my method may prove to be a better way of fitting adjustments. Yet I wanted to make sure the top fit well before proceeding with the skirt portion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...