Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sandra Betzina Vogue 8151

Yesterday I was wearing this top (from an older photo). It is a Sandra Betzina top pattern, Vogue 8151. I made another one from a heavier knit that I just did not like the outcome. The one I wore yesterday is a softer knit that I acquired from Wazoodle.

This particularly top fits me fairly well but I decided when I made this one that I needed to lower the side darts about 3/4 inch. I also needed to rework the swayback adjustment. Other than that, the top fits me well through the upper chest and shoulder. Because of that I decided that in addition to the two KS projects I am working on I needed to add this to the project list.

I have a huge knit piece of fabric, perhaps 4 yards, of a black crepe knit I purchased over a year ago in Charlottesville. I have used it as part of another knit top so I decided to use for another SB top.

I ended up making this top first instead of the KS top that I was all fired up to make. Not sure why I bumped it but I guess that the SB top was one I had made twice; I knew the adjustments I needed to make and the sewing machine and serger were already threaded with black thread. So I made the top today in between various household chores.

The knit was a little fiddly to work with, yet it sewed up well. I even re-threaded the serger to use the coverstitch feature and hemmed the sleeves and the top using a wide coverstitch.

One can never have enough black knit tops.

1 comment:

  1. Black is always a good wardrobe basic. In spring/summer, I like black tops with white pants and skirts.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...